What I'm doing now... If I've said NO to you recently it is because I'm focused on the things below. Nothing personal, I just want to continue to get shit done. Live like no other, so you can someday live like no other.
Priorities (in order of importance):
- Family -- evenings/weekends are for spending time with my wife and four girls... if I don't seem available assume I'm busy with my family.
- Dadbod -- Shoulder injury/surgery, health scare, and 40th birthday got me working towards losing weight with NOOM to be an active dad for my gaggle of girls. Currently 230lbs, need to get down to 195, because #dadbod. .
Sonic Drive-In -- Director of Product Management within the Marketing group. Everything digital--web, mobile, POPS, and gap experiences. I spend most days working to push innovation forward at Sonic, with a focus on technology delivery on aforementioned platforms. UPDATE: Order Ahead is nationally available -- read more here.Last day at SONIC was March 15th — Read More.
- Woodshed Coffee & Tea -- 7518 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK. Open 7am to 7pm, Monday through Saturday, and 8am to 5pm on Sunday. Go here for pics and here for press kit.
- Begin the work -- Working on a 3-book series on building digital teams and delivering product: Begin, Begun and Begin, again. Looking to hone the content a bit, so if you’ve any opportunities, I’d be happy to come give some talks on how to begin the work in the following areas:
- Building Agile Teams
- Digital Transformation
- Digital Innovation vs Disruption
- Design First Mindset
- Product as a Discipline
- Habitualizing Ideation
- Seven Days -- Seven daily prompts to re-connect the digitally distracted to what is good in this world. UPDATE: finalized writer’s template and working on three initial journals:
- Seven Days to or from I Do by Sam DuRegger
- Seven Days to Gratitude by Jason Jackson
- Seven Days to Abide by Billy Patterson
- StoryBuild Journals -- Everyday carry journals for product managers, visual designers, UX designers, videographers, directors and visual storytellers. Paused as of January 1, 2019. Working on learnings from prototypes and pilot feedback.
- StoryBuild For Kids -- Draw your own adventure coloring books for kids. In design/prototype phase. Looking forward to releasing these, as my kids have loved the early prototypes!
- A DuRegger Project -- Furniture design continues to find its place in the margins of my life and while I haven't monetized any of my designs, the thought isn't lost on me. Check out the latest builds: a kids bed, C-side table, cork tables.
- Consulting -- I am currently AVAILABLE for consulting around product innovation, omni-channel technology driven experiences, and entrepreneurial policy.